Friday, January 06, 2006

Truthful Paradoxes re: the Human Condition in Christ

An ongoing list... What "paradoxes" of the Christian life pop into your mind and turn your world upside down?

>Living sacrifice.
>I am God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus; yet Scripture also says I was birthed in sin.
>To truly enter into life, we must die to ourselves.
>"Life" is at once found localized in a person, "Jesus," in the Everlasting Father, through the ever-present Spirit.
>We give all only to receive even more -- in this life and the life to come.
>We have this treasure of Jesus in fragile jars of clay.
>We are, at times, hard-pressed, perplexed, afraid, hurting, doubting, and yet full of faith, good assurance, hope, love, and confidence in the hope set before us.
>What we seen now is only a glimpse of what is to come. Even as glorious as our vision may be, we seen only as in a shadow or a mirror the glory that is to come in our lives and of Jesus.
>I'm a holy, sanctified sinner.
>Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
>As far as the east is from the west, so far has God removed my transgressions from me. Yet He also says, "For as your forgive others, so will I forgive you."
>I don't know, ever really, how to pray and the Holy Spirit and Jesus prays in my stead with intercessions and cries beyond words.
>The only thing that can keep me from the father is myself. Jesus has opened the way to Him.
>Scripture says that I have the mind of Christ... Yet I also need to actively take captive my thoughts and make them obedient to the knowledge of Christ.
>I am limited on this earth to live in a body. I also have a spirit which can connect to God anytime, anywhere, anyplace.
>God's Word if full of his goodness to me, his commands are good and life for my body and soul. But they often do not feel that way because my flesh is set on it's own way.
>Though my mortal body is dying and decaying day by day, my spirit is being renewed and will live on in Christ Jesus.
>We are to consider our mortal bodies as dead in Jesus in order that His resurrection life might be displayed in us.
>There is nothing that can separate me from the love of Christ. When I "become" separate (I never really do), I choose unbelief of this truth.
>We were made a little lower than the angels... we will reign over them and all creation with God in heaven, serving him and each other.
>We are but a breath, a moment in time, a whisper, vapor. Yet God and His word are eternal, everlasting, true forever, enduring.
>Sin is destructive, shaming. But where sin abounded, grace abounds all the more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home