Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Alive [Polished Version]

Written December 2005

Here is the polished version for the lyrics of the song "Alive." Much of this came freshly over New Year's weekend, despite being very sick. Lucidity and feverishness sometimes gives way to good inspiration.

Jesus, running in my veins
Dwelling in my blood
Spirit living in my flesh

Jesus, in body and soul
Making new and whole
Beautiful in holiness

Each day a new revelation
Each day a song of praise
Rising from this union
From the Life, Truth, and Way
Jesus is my Way

In Him I'm alive, the Way from being lost
In Him I'm alive, Life from death on a cross
In Him I'm alive, Truth taking lies away
I'm alive, I'm alive, in Jesus I'm alive
I'm alive, I'm alive, in Jesus I'm alive

There is no other fountain
No other source that runs so pure
There is no other fountain
That overflows and fulfills

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home