Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Dance Floor (At Your Altar)

Written August 2005

This song was inspired by a vision I had of dancing with Jesus before God's throne. For those who struggle with intimate and relational expressions of God's love towards us, the lyrics may come as a shock. Rather than being "homo-erotic" the depictions of intimacy described by the lyrics are of a Father and Divine Lover draping me with His love and Himself. I envisioned Jesus holding me close to his chest. Everything -- his embrace, expressions, concern, and availability spoke of divine Love and appreciation.

Here we are on this dance floor
The Holy place at your altar
Everlasting arms hold me
In faithful, unfailing love

Caresses touch me with gentleness
With grace that I've never felt
You rest your head on my chest
Listening to my beating heart

My heart beats with your praise
I can see the smile on your face
As You listen, you're amazed -- you say:

How lovely, so lovely, how lovely to me!
How lovely, so lovely, how lovely to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home