Friday, December 30, 2005

Alive

December 2005

This is a song in progress, but I am so excited about it that I decided to put up what I have come up with so far. The inspiration was a small thought which soon dominated all of my thought early this morning: Jesus is our life. I thought of the times when I feel truly alive, loved, valued, and functional as a human being, and they are most when I am conscious of Jesus living in me and through me. When I am doing that which pleases Him. And when I am enter into His grace, mercy, and love without bringing any "I need to do this to be accepted" points to my mind and heart... I just enter and accept them by faith.

The lyrics are at once simple and fleshly. That is the point... for where does Christ truly live if not in our bodies, our minds, our souls?


Jesus dwelling in my blood
Running throuh my veins
Spirit living in my flesh

Jesus in body and soul
Making new and whole
Bringing beauty from this mess

Each day a new revelation
Each day a song of praise
Rising from this union
He is the Truth, Life, and Way

In Jesus I'm alive
There's a fullness to enjoy
In Jesus I'm alive
My life is truly alive

There's no other fountain
No other source that flows so pure
There's no other fountain
No other source that overflows
Like Him, Like Him
All my springs come forth from Him

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Burch said...

great start to a song.
i'd like to hear the strum.
peter

10:01 PM  
Blogger fusek330 said...

Yes, it is catchy. I will try to put together a tape of some of my better songs for you. Even better a CD, but I don't have computer software for recording yet.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home