Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hope in God (I Will Yet Praise Him)

Inspired by Psalms 42 and 43. Written Summer 2001

This was one of the few songs to come out of my period of service in Mexico. That was a very dry time for me spiritually, one of the most extended "desert" times I have gone through as a Christian -- nearly 2 years. Everything in my life, what I believed about God, what I trusted in, what I valued about myself, and my relationships with others was challenged in one way or another during that period. The biggest thing that happened was that I began to really trust and hope in God beyond what I could see and feel. That was necessary in order for me to continue working in Mexico after having an initial period in which I was subject to injustices and misunderstandings that put me in a disfavorable position with the Director of the orphanage I worked for. I was in danger of being fired for nearly a year. I simply had to trust in God. He did eventually turn the situation around for my good and I was honored and highly valued by the Director by the time I left Mexico.

Why are you in despair, O my soul?
Why so discouraged within me?
O God, my soul hungers for your presence
So I will recall the times of our meeting

Hope in God
For the help of His presence
Hope in God
For I shall yet praise Him

Deep calls to deep
At the sound of your voice
You declare Your love over me day and night
And Your song will be with me always

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home