Monday, January 09, 2006

Fullness, Laughter, and Joy

Praying more about my desire to genuinely feel sorrow, I realized this weekend that what God wants to restore is fullness -- a deeper and fuller ability to feel everything: be it sorrow or joy, sadness or laughter. I wrote in my journal, "Just as much as I need tears, I need laughter and joy too. The cry of my heart is not just for deep healing, but the ability to fully experience and enjoy life!! Give me laughter, too, O God."

In response to this prayer the Lord replied, "Don't keep looking back at your attemts at repentance at your sorrow. They've been genuine but it is all past -- the joy of the Lord [in you, in Christ] is your strength. THE JOY OF THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGTH. I am loving you out of your unbelief in my goodness, that I am as good as I really say that I am."

Much of this happened while at a worship service and that evening several encouraging words were spoken through the Holy Spirit, echoing what God was saying to me personally:
"This year is all about God's grace... you don't get grace unless you need it. Are you aware of your need?"
"It is God's year and it is all about HIM."
"The link between grace and power is joy."
"Entering the rest of God... is done by agreeing with God's promises today; as long as it is Today God's promises are true and available to us. He keeps setting the date forward to "Today" persevering in lovingkindness towards us because He wants us to believe them and receive of His desires for us. The rest is agreeing with the fact that God, our Daddy, is good; believing in it, putting all your bets and hopes on that."

A companion song to "Give Me Tears" will soon be written. I have bits and pieces coming together. It is a song that will be wedded to the other because it reflects the others side -- laughter and joy in the Lord. Same melody and chords, but sung lighter and faster with more fullness to the lyrical content.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't look back! A very key ingredient to a successful, JOYFUL, Christ ian walk. Jesus said "any man hving put his hand to the plow and looking back is not fit for the kingdom of God" It's not that that person can't enjoy the kingdom and God's promises and enter in, it's that he is not "fit" in his current position. Looking back puts you in a position of "unfitness". You can't plow a straight row looking back. You can't drive your car forward, straight, looking back. You will fall into the planned trap of taking your eyes off of Jesus and putting them onto yourself. Where is, in your past, condemnation and sorrow. You are not the answer. Look away from all that will distract unto Him.
Don't look back. Look unto Him. Heb: 12: 1-3
Michael

10:43 PM  
Blogger fusek330 said...

Yes, Jesus is the answer. He is also our Savior and Redeemer of our whole life.

The type of "Looking back"you are referring to is detrimental. It says, "the days were better when I was doing this, instead of what I am doing and going to do serving Christ." I have no intention or desire to look back in that way.

Rather, I am desiring to look upon my personal history from God's point of view and see how His redeeming actions have been at work throughout my life. Any believer in the Lord should be able to do the same thing. God is not opposed to remembering the past -- He himself remembered many times and it is the reason He fulfills His part of the Covenant, because He remembers.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home