Monday, December 12, 2005

Lord Your God (Restorer)

Inspired by Joel 2:25-27 and Hebrews 12. Written July 2005

This song is a very personal one, words spoken by the Lord as a promise of restoration. Because of a great struggle with shame and some poor choices I made, I removed myself altogether from my great love: playing guitar and leading worship. No one requested or asked me to do so. Embracing God's grace is something I have struggled with. I am glad God is relentless in His love and in pouring out His grace on us. The last section is my response. After I finished this song, I felt a new (good) brokenness that allowed God both to restore and correct me in the ways He thought best (rather than insitute what I thought was best for myself).

I will give back what was lost
I will restore all that you were
Once again you'll praise my name
Carry the banner of my glory
Never again will you be in shame
Never again will you be disgraced

I have called you "Beloved Son"
Now you'll know my Father's love
You will know I am with you
Always near, always among you
I'll be by your side every day
Always close, just a breath away

The Lord Your God, like no other
The Lord Your God, I'm like no other
The Lord Your God, clothed in glory
The Lord Your God, a passionate fury

Consuming Fire, I've come to Mount Zion
City of the Living God
To the assembly of God's children
To countless angels in joyous song
To God, my Judge and to Jesus
To sprinkled blood, forgiveness
How can I refuse to listen?
How can I refuse this grace?
I will be attentive
To the words You say

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home