Thursday, March 16, 2006

Laura Story: New Christian Worship Artist

I just received "Wo0rship Project H2.14" in the mail Monday, a new worship album from the Integrity Music worship club I belong to. The album is a great listen and has many songs that are inspirational without being overwhelming and exhausting to listen to. I could literally listen to this album for hours and not tire of it (I already have -- it has been in my Rav-4's CD player since Tuesday morning and will remain there for quite sometime).

Among this collection's featured songrwriters and worship leaders is a woman named Laura Story. She sings a remake of Chris Tomlin's "Undescribable" and a song she wrote called "There Is Nothing." Both songs are sweet to listen to and have brought me to sweetly think and adore Jesus. Her voice is strong and yet softly melodic. She probably has the ability to really belt it out, but chooses to exercise restraint and calm in the use of her voice as a worship tool. I really like that.

Her song "There Is Nothing" has become my current favorite worship song. Give it a listen on the vertical music website, listed as a link on my blog. It is a simple song about coming into the presence of Jesus and just realizing that there is nothing that compares to Him, nothing more precious -- and responding to this by wanting to just be drawn closer and closer to Him.

Laura also has a website that you can visit to find out more about her: laurastoryonline.com. She has an album out now called "Undescribable" which has a mixture of worship song covers and worship songs that she wrote. It is on my list as the next worship album I want to purchase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home